- funny stories - for when you need a laugh
- creepy stories - to make your hair stand on end
- fantastic stories - orcs, swords, magic and fantasy
- futuristic stories - many worlds of science fiction
- criminal stories - crooks and detectives
- real life stories - everyday life and relationships
Please send your story (preferably as a single-spaced .doc attachment) to email@example.com, including the following information in your email:
I’ll email you back to say that your story’s been received. If you still haven't received an acknowledgement after three days please try sending the story again from a different email address. Then within a month I'll send you another message to tell you if your story has been accepted. Stories requiring heavy editing are unlikely to be accepted.
You're welcome to send stories that you've submitted elsewhere, but if they are accepted elsewhere first please let me know as soon as possible. You're also welcome to send stories that have been printed elsewhere as long as you retain the copyright.
Fiction on the Web does not pay for submissions. All rights remain with the author. See the tips page if you're writing a short story. You are also very welcome to contact me with any comments, questions, requests or complaints.
If you want your submission to shortcut to the top of the pile, please leave lots of comments on other people’s stories!