- funny stories - for when you need a laugh
- creepy stories - to make your hair stand on end
- fantastic stories - orcs, swords, magic and fantasy
- futuristic stories - many worlds of science fiction
- criminal stories - crooks and detectives
- real life stories - everyday life and relationships
Please send your story (preferably as a single-spaced .doc attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information in your email:
I’ll email you back to say that your story’s been received. If you still haven't received an acknowledgement after three days please try sending the story again from a different email address.
How long will it take to hear back?
I try to respond to all submissions within a month, although I sometimes fall behind. If you would like a quicker response, I will get back to you within two weeks if you are either:
1. A regular commenter on other people's stories and you include "REGULAR COMMENTER" in the subject line of your submission email.
2. A patron at the $3 level or above and you include "PATRON" in the subject line of your submission email.
Stories requiring heavy editing are unlikely to be accepted.
Simultaneous submissions? Reprints?
You're welcome to send stories that you've submitted elsewhere, but if they are accepted elsewhere first please let me know as soon as possible. You're also welcome to send stories that have been printed elsewhere as long as you retain the copyright.
What happens if my story is accepted?
If your submission is accepted you'll get an email with the date that your story will appear online. Be sure to spread the word! Fiction on the Web does not pay for submissions. All rights remain with the author.
Once your story is published at Fiction on the Web, you're part of the family. If you've got any news about new publications or anything else you want to promote, get in touch and I'll send a message out to my networks.
See the tips page if you're writing a short story. You are also very welcome to contact me with any comments, questions, requests or complaints.